SeasonMS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coder App<3

4 posters

Go down

Coder App<3 Empty Coder App<3

Post  Wes™ Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Ok well there isn't really a format so ill just go with what i think matters :\

Time Zone: EST [Laconia ,NH]
Time ON: Pretty much when ever im home witch can be various but usally from 2pm-11pm lol :\
I dont really care for GM Powers but it would be nice to have.
My SKILLZ: I'm good with .wz editing [hacreator, harepacker] and I have been coding for quite a while now and i feel that I'm experienced and know what im doing . I can create custom quest [like real quest] and also item exchanger npc's witch i think would come in handy for when you guys release the custom wz files. I have been a GM/Coder before I also ran my own server [OriginalMS witch was kinda underground just for me and my friends ] Here is some of my work coding [cant get in game screenies sorry :\]
http://img294.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=coding1.png
Also i think if i were to get gm and or coder i could help out by holding plenty of events to keep everyone happy be a nice and intelligent gm. Also catch hackers and help out the noobies .
~Wes TY!

https://imgur.com/a/H02C3<< More wz edits
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Coder App<3 Empty Sean's Judgement

Post  Sean Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:13 am

As people have known me from TheLifeStory, I am a pretty mean judge so get ready for some criticism lol.

What I'll be judging you on:

Spelling (which will somewhat tell me how serious you are about this)

Grammar (same as above)

Talents (abilities and proof)

Overall convincing-ness of the Application

Here we go:

Spelling: Readable lol... but that's about all I can give it for this as you don't really add the apostrophes for "I'll" or anything

Grammar: Hmm... Well I guess it's readable. Again... sadly I can't give it anything else

Talents:
I have to say, you have potential, but you should try to increase the level of your scripts. For example, you could try to add a variety of items to check for. Rather than just the if/else statement:

"if (cm.haveItem(id, number)) {
cm.gainItem blah
}
else {
cm.sendOk("Fawk you")
}"

try

"if (cm.haveItem(id, number) && cm.haveItem(id, number) etc.) {
cm.gainItem blah
}
else {
cm.sendOk("Fawk you")
}"

The "&&" itself increases the level of your scripting and makes things more interesting. Other than that, your scripts are mainly simple informational and/or one-map-warp npcs.

That being said, I'd actually consider you joining the dark coder's side (cause we got some fresh cookies)

Overall Convincing-ness: Ughm... sorry but you don't really sound that serious.. so, I'll eventually find out that part =D.

Other: LOL! "Being intelligent, holding events, catching hackers and helping players" LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOL! We get that a lot and I have to subtract some points for saying such a thing, as everyone who applies for the GM position is expected with at LEAST those capabilities.

My Rating:
C+

but because you showed me your script and gave me a good idea of yourself,

My Rating:
C+
B

Comment:
You definitely have potential... I'd like to work with you and see your full abilities as you've only shown me your coding abilities as of this application. As Kakashi says, "You PASS <3".

Final Comment: I'd like to find out your other capabilities.

~Sean
Sean
Sean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Coder App<3 Empty Re: Coder App<3

Post  Wes™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 am

Lol Ty ill take some of that as a compliment. I was trying to be serious :\ lol whateves but I do hope that we can code together and u have to fix a few npcs like in the fm the timeless weapon trader thingy a few of the things say +50 luk while being a Warrior item yeah yeah whateves but ty~ Very Happy
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:03 pm

You were trying to be serious... LOL! Yeah... About the Timeless Trader... I don't think you quite understand how that works lol. The script distributes the item but doesn't edit the stats. The stats themselves get editted through XML in the main database. It has nothing to do with Pelace's script... (=P)
However, I will take the suggestion and thoroughly check through all the equipment distributed by Pelace and look to edit whatever needs changing. Besides, its not like a bit of luk will harm a warrior =D.

-Sean
Sean
Sean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Ooohk that works out Very Happy
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah... Pm me a means of instant messaging contact. or just be on msn cause i think i found out your email through the system.
Sean
Sean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:15 pm

my msn is wes696969@live.com lul Very Happy
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Nice, you copied that NPC from RageZone Atleast give some credits.
Boss
Boss
Admin

https://seasonms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:29 pm

What npc? and yes i did copie some but i modified them to my liking o-O

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/coding2.png/

i took that one off ragezone and put it to my liking but the other two i made my self o_O
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes™ Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Bump

and heres this

Coder App<3 VrhrP i didn't steal that from rage zone....
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Post  Equilibrium Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:53 pm

From what I know, Sean wasn't "A Mean Judge". He expects you to be serious in what you do in some ways. But that doesn't mean you can't be yourself. Other then that, having another coder would be nice. Having Sean's and your abilities combined, we as a team can create a very creative custom to the server. Not only that, our community would suggest some great ideas that you and Sean could create. Ex: A Player creates a custom hair and wants it included to the server. You two can edit the file / png image to WORK in the server and that no bugs or crashes occur WITH the newly added "Custom" Hairstyle. This is my opinion, having two coders (In other words, two minds are better then one. Unless of course the other mind is utterly retarded enough to bring the IQ down of the other.) gives a positive effect.
Equilibrium
Equilibrium
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes™ Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:21 pm

i already have a few custom hairs im willing to put in if i get coder :\
Wes™
Wes™

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content